Tuesday, April 22, 2014

butter London "Cheeky Chops" - Review

Hello everyone!

Lately, I've been loving the look of bright nails. Maybe it's because spring appears to have finally come and cast the rain away! So when the sun started shining, I reached for this yellow nail polish that I recently purchased, butter London's "Cheeky Chops" 


It's funny...I ordered this colour online because I thought it was a nice yellow that wasn't too "banana" coloured, but that turns out to be the exact description on the official site! It still doesn't scream "banana" to me, however...it's not a deep yellow, but much brighter, closer to a daffodil-yellow.

I loved the colour,  but was not overly impressed with the formula. I own quite a few butter London nail lacquers, and I've noticed that the formula is not consistent across the board; while some perform beautifully, some are a lot more difficult to work with. This was one of the latter. I found the formula to be a bit thick and gloopy, and for this reason it was difficult to apply evenly. Even when I added a second coat it still looked patchy. A third coat amped up the opacity, but there were still sheerer patches that were visible in the light.

Three coats of butter London "Cheeky Chops"

All butter London nail lacquers are "3 Free" - No Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP. That's definitely a plus, but at the expense of these polishes (£12.00/C$18.00), I would have hoped the formula would be more consistently high quality. This is a fun, beautiful colour, but it's also pretty dupe-able - a friend of mine noted that Barry M's "Lemon Ice Cream" is quite similar. I'd save your money on this one, and look for a cheaper alternative if you're craving a dose of sunshine for your nails!

I'd really love to find a softer yellow for the spring. Any suggestions?

xo hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment